"Camp Iredell @ Home" is a new take-home activity kit for kids ages 5-13. Kits are $25 per week. There are kits available through the week of August 7 (last day to register is July 29), but quantities are limited so get yours today!
Weekly schedules will be provided for activities that are planned each day. The schedule will be similar each week, but the topics and projects will change. We have tried to keep a flexible schedule in mind, so many of these activities can be done any time, when it is convenient for your family.
Included in the Camp Iredell @ Home kits
- "This Weeks Kit" video: what is included and what each item is for.
- One "Classic" Camp Shirt: we will be reviving our camp shirts from previous summers, and including one per camper, per summer (not weekly). Campers will receive a camp shirt with their first kit (week can vary), based on the size selected during registration.
- 2 Arts & Crafts Projects each week.
- Supplies are included, except for basic items like crayons, pencils, tape, or glue that most have at home.
- We will also have an instructional video to accompany each project, completed by the camp staff
- 2 or more "Fun" Items related to summer fun or summer camp.
- LIVE "Camp Socials" at 10am on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- We will be using a platform called WebEx for these live video chats (similar to Zoom). Parents will receive emailed invitations/links to join the sessions. These will last 30-45 minutes, depending on the activities & topics included in the session.
- A "Live Video Etiquette Agreement" is required to be acknowledged by parents during registration. Please do not share this meeting link with others (non-registered participants will not be allowed).
- We will ask campers to wear their camp shirts to the "Camp Socials" on Tuesdays
- We will do "Bingo" each Thursday. Supplies for bingo are included in their first bag.
- "Trip of the Week" video
- We will feature a field trip location, business, or other place for campers to learn about or virtually explore
- "Resource of the Week" link: We will include a link to a fun digital resource or educational website that campers or families can explore on their own
- 2 "Guest Speaker" videos per week, featuring fun & instructional/educational content.
- These videos will feature departmental staff, and/or local community organizations (such as police, fire, etc)
- 1 Exercise/Wellness video per week: Stay healthy and active!
- Recipe Card
- A kid-friendly recipe will be provided each week, for kids to make at home. Food supplies are not included. Parent supervision recommended.
- Wednesday Word Search: paper word search with differing subjects per week. Keep your brain sharp!
- A bag of popcorn for "Family Movie Nights" on Fridays. Spend some time with your family after a fun week. You pick your movie, we’ll provide the popcorn!
We will include some ideas or games for outside play on the back of the weekly schedule.