In an effort to hire quality deputies and maintain qualified professional personnel, the Iredell County Sheriff’s Office prides itself in the fact that only the highest caliber of individuals are accepted. We are looking for individuals who have an interest in helping others and wish to have an impact on their communities through active involvement.
Our agency is in constant search of people who wish to be leaders by providing an active role model for others. We need people who set high standards for themselves and possess the capability to guide others to use similar standards through active involvement in community oriented activities.
If you possess these skills, the Iredell County Sheriff’s Office has an opportunity for you. Contact the Training Division at 704-878-3183 for details on job requirements, pay, and benefits.
If you have any additional questions about working at the Iredell County Sheriff's Office, please contact our Agency Recruiters by calling 704-878-3180, and asking for them, or click on their email link below.
View current open positions.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements set by the North Carolina Sheriff's Education Training and Standards Commission and The Iredell County Sheriff's Office. Applicants must be certified by the state in their law enforcement duties prior to applying for employment. Applicants considered for employment must:
- Be at least 20 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a high school graduate or possess a general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Be fingerprinted.
- Consent to a medical examination by a physician licensed to practice in North Carolina.
- Have a negative drug screening.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have not committed or been convicted of a crime or crimes as specified in 12 NCAC 10B.0204 & .0307 (felony, certain misdemeanors).
- Possess a valid North Carolina driver's license.
Experience and a degree in the criminal justice field is preferred. Considered applicants must complete a Personal History Statement and disclose all requested information to the best of their ability. Applicants are subject to a stringent criminal records check and may be referred for a psychological evaluation. Pre-employment testing in truth verification, such as the polygraph or computer voice stress analysis examination, may be administered.
Benefits of Employment
Patrol Deputy Day shift - $45,314 - $70,691 Patrol Deputy Rotating shift- $47,498 - $72,875 Patrol Deputy Night shift - $49,682 - $75,059
Detention Officer Day shift - $41,258 - $64,363 Detention Officer Rotating shift - $43,443-$62,393 Detention Officer Nightshift $45,627 - $64,577
- Salary percentage increase for direct prior experience (based on number or prior years experience).
- Training Incentives: Up to 6% salary increase for Law Enforcement Certifications.
- Educational incentives: Up to 7.5% salary increase for education.
- Take home patrol vehicle.
- Free Employee Health Clinic.
- 8 Hours of vacation and sick leave per month, 13 paid holidays per year.
- Paid employee insurance.
- Administrative leave time.