The duties and activities of the Iredell County LEPC are those set forth by the Iredell County Board of Commissioners, not limited to, but in accordance with Title III of the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA).
- Establish procedures for reviewing and processing requests from the public for information under Section 324 of the act.
- Develop a chemical hazard/risk analysis.
- Develop emergency response procedures for off-site emergency response personnel.
- Identify private/public sector resources available to deal with hazardous materials emergencies.
- Review emergency plans submitted by the subcommittees and make recommendations on revisions of the plans that may be necessary to ensure coordination of such plan with emergency response plans of other emergency planning agencies.
- Exercise emergency response plans and update them accordingly.