Join the team
- Sheriff Darren E. Campbell believes in having a highly trained deputies and detention officers. Our deputies are encouraged to attend local and regional training in addition to our annual mandated training.
- The Iredell County Sheriff's Office practices community policing and encourages community involvement by our deputies. BY being active members of the community, we are able to be more aware of community trends, and are able to gather information on criminal activity.
- Sheriff Campbell's mission for the Iredell County Sheriff's Office, is to provide law enforcement services to the citizens of Iredell County by serving the county through crime prevention, drug enforcement, aggressive patrols and education being our primary goals.
- If you have any additional questions about working at the Iredell County Sheriff's Office, please contact our Agency Recruiters by calling 704-878-3180, and asking for them, or click on their email link below.
- Major Brian Fink
- Lieutenant Chris Stone @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Must be at least 20 years of age.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to pass a background check.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
Benefits of Employment:
Starting salary range for a Patrol Deputy per year (Includes Holiday pay) depending upon Shift Differential and qualifications.
Patrol Deputy Day Shift - $49,560.72 - $76,464.72
Patrol Deputy Rotating - $51,744.72 - $78,648.72
Patrol Deputy Night Shift - $53,928.72 - $80,832.72
Starting salary range for a non-sworn Detention Officer is up to $49,321 - $73,724 per year (Includes Holiday pay) depending upon Shift Differential and qualifications.
Detention Officer Day Shift - $44,953.02 - $69,355.76
Detention Officer Rotating - $47,137.02 - $71,539.76
Detention Officer Night Shift - $49,321.02 - $73,723.76
*****$2,500 New Hire Sign on Bonus*****
Salary percentage increase for direct prior experience (based on number of prior years experience).
Training Incentives: Up to 6% salary increase for Law Enforcement Certifications.
401K Plan with 5% contribution of your adjusted gross salary by the county.
Educational incentives: Up to 7.5% salary increase for education.
Additional 2% pay increase for specialized units.
Take home patrol vehicle.
Free Employee Health Clinic.
8 Hours of vacation and sick leave per month, 13 paid holidays per year.
Paid employee insurance.
Administrative leave time.