Camp Iredell Adventures
"Fun In The Sun" Activity Sessions
Outdoor "Fun in the Sun" sessions starting in July. Approximately 2 hours of fun activities! $20 per session. Multiple sessions per week. Locations will rotate for each session. Limited spaces available (physical distancing and other guidelines will apply). Registration opens June 22. REGISTER HERE
SUMMER CAMPS UPDATE
We will not be offering our traditional in-person camps (Camp Iredell, Camp Iredell Adventures) this summer, however we will have 2 other options for kids:
Outdoor "Pop-Up" sessions starting in July. Approximately 2 hours of fun activities! Offered twice a week. Locations will rotate for each session. Limited spaces available (physical distancing and other guidelines will apply). Registration opens June 22.
"Camp Kits" available weekly, from June 1-August 7 (10 weeks of kits to choose from). These include take-home craft supplies, games, videos, links & more. Limited quantities available. Registration is open!
In the meantime, check out our "Educational Resources" page! We have a variety of resources, including virtual tours & webcams, healthy living tips, youth learning websites, and more!
Camp Iredell Adventures is an exciting adventure-based day camp program offered during the summer. This program is open to children ages 11 through 13. Camp Iredell Adventures integrates a variety of fun outdoor adventure activities and experiences, with off-site trips daily.
Activities may include, but are not limited to, hiking, swimming, rafting, climbing, exploring parks and local environmental resources, field trips, outdoor games, and guest speakers.
Camp operates Monday through Friday throughout the summer.
The Parent Handbook (below) contains most of the general information that parents will need to reference, including drop-off locations & times, what to bring to camp, behavior expectations, payment options/policies/fees, and more!
See the categories in the left column and the links below for additional information.
- What are the age requirements for camp? What if my child has a summer birthday?
- What does camp do? Do they stay at the drop-off site the entire day?
- What does my child need to bring to camp?
- Do I have to register for the whole summer, or can I pick which weeks I want my child to attend?
- How do I know where my child will be during the day?
- How do I register my child(ren) for camp?
- What are the payment options? Do I have to pay in full, or can I register with a deposit?
- Do I get a discount if I enroll more than one child?
- What if I need to cancel a week?
- Are the campers divided into smaller groups based on age or activity?
- What if I need to pick up my child early, before the camps are back at the school sites?
- What is the staff to camper ratio? What is the usual age distribution in camp?
- If my child can not attend the entire week, can I pay for a partial week or be reimbursed for the days they are absent?
- Do we have to be an Iredell County resident to participate in your camps?
- What are the qualifications and requirements for the camp staff?
- Do you provide receipts or payment summaries for tax purposes and/or dependent care spending accounts?