Meet & Greet 2017
Bring the family and come meet the staff, ask questions, and play a game with the Camp Iredell and Camp Iredell Adventures Summer Staff. These are an informal, open-house style gatherings.
Your child does not have to be registered for camp before coming to a Meet & Greet, but it is highly recommended, as some sessions are already full and/or spaces are limited. We are not able to process registrations or take payments at the meeting sites.
Tuesday, June 6 from 5-7pm
East Elementary School (Cafeteria)
Statesville (400 East Elementary Rd)
Thursday, June 8 from 5-7pm
Mt. Mourne IB School (Gym)
Mooresville (1431 Mecklenburg Hwy)
Camp Iredell is an exciting day camp offered 8-9 weeks during the summer. The program is designed to incorporate a wide variety of fun and educational activities, with off-site trips almost daily. This program is open to children ages 5 through 11.
Each session of camp includes a variety of structured activities that change weekly. Activities may include, but are not limited to, swimming, guest speakers, crafts, games, environmental activities, and field trips. Camp operates Monday through Friday throughout the summer.
The Parent Handbook (below) contains most of the general information that parents will need to reference, including drop-off locations & times, what to bring to camp, behavior expectations, payment options/policies/fees, and more!
See the categories in the left column and the links below for additional information.
- What are the age requirements for camp? What if my child has a summer birthday?
- What does camp do? Do they stay at the drop-off site the entire day?
- What does my child need to bring to camp?
- Do I have to register for the whole summer, or can I pick which weeks I want my child to attend?
- How do I know where my child will be during the day?
- How do I register my child(ren) for camp?
- What are the payment options? Do I have to pay in full, or can I register with a deposit?
- Do I get a discount if I enroll more than one child?
- What if I need to cancel a week?
- Are the campers divided into smaller groups based on age or activity?
- What if I need to pick up my child early, before the camps are back at the school sites?
- What is the staff to camper ratio? What is the usual age distribution in camp?
- If my child can not attend the entire week, can I pay for a partial week or be reimbursed for the days they are absent?
- Do we have to be an Iredell County resident to participate in your camps?
- What are the qualifications and requirements for the camp staff?
- Do you provide receipts or payment summaries for tax purposes and/or dependent care spending accounts?